Game Day Sliders
For the burgers:
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 cayenne pepper (doesn't make them hot, just great flavor)
- 1/4 garlic powder (not garlic salt)
- Water buns (found in your local bakery; looks like they spritzed them with water before baking; extremely light and airy)
- Condiments (ketchup, mustard, miracle whip, hot sauce, bbq sauce, etc.)
Do not overcook your sliders! Nobody, not even people who detest bloody meat, like a dried up, hockey puck excuse of a burger.
Put your burgers directly onto your buns and let them rest a few. Then go ahead and top them however you see fit and chow down. Since they're small, feel free to have 2 or 3, there is no judgement among friends.
As always, life is better homemade!